Biography and Picture
- A picture and brief biography of the presenter will be included in the website, please provide a recent photograph and suitable bio text as soon as possible.
- We will introduce you by name and affiliation, referring attendees to online bio. Pronunciation of difficult names is requested
Recording and Slides Submission
- Please submit your presentation no later than March 1, 2021. A near-final draft will enable the co-chairs to better assess the overall session and offer suggestions. For example, if there is duplication of material between speakers and session chairs will flag this situation and ask speakers to update presentations.
- All speakers have been pre-registered for the event. Speaker registration is complimentary.
- As you prepare your presentation materials, it is important to confirm that you have the appropriate permission(s) to use all information and images, including photos, contained in your presentation. In addition, as presentations will be posted on the WSTS website, any “proprietary” or “company confidential” markings must be removed.
- Each presentation is allocated 15 minutes.
- There will be a short Q&A period in each session where the audience can ask questions related to the presentations in the session. Please be prepared to remain in the session for the Q&A period.
- The Workshop is a technical conference and presenters are asked to refrain from including any slides or material that can be considered a marketing message. Co-chairs will ask the presenter to delete such messaging.
- Talks should focus on problems, solutions and technologies, not touting specific company products. All presentations or posters must be free of product marketing language. The best way for your company to present itself as a thought leader is to deliver a technically strong and interesting paper that demonstrates your company’s solid technical grounding in addressing an issue of relevance. Presentations should address solutions at a generic level, rather than focusing on your company’s specific product.
- The conclusion can, however, identify a specific solution. While “About Us” corporate overview slides are not allowed, one or two mentions of a specific solution per paper or poster are acceptable. This is especially effective in the closing slide after a problem has been addressed thoroughly. An acceptable final slide may include: your company logo and tagline, products without giving model numbers or names or pricing, a URL for more information, and appropriate contact information. Examples of questionable content include a list of products or model numbers, product pricing information, or images with clearly visible product names and logos.
- Help is available. Session chairs will work directly with authors to clarify any questions.
- Your first slide should include:
- The title of the presentation
- Presenter’s full name, with any titles
- Presenter’s company name
- If your company’s logo is used on your slides, it must be placed in the lower left corner of the slide. A logo may NOT cover the entire slide and may NOT be screened (faded) behind the words or images on your slides.
- Please submit your slides in a 16:9 format. Please do not use a 4:3 format.
- Submit your final presentation no later than March 1, 2021. A near-final draft will enable the co-chairs to better assess the overall session. It is possible that there is duplication of material between speakers and this is a situation that can be flagged and addressed.
Thank you for complying with these
guidelines to help WSTS retain its reputation as the premier timing and